Ronald D. Richey has practiced immigration and nationality law for over TWENTY years. Although he handles cases in all areas of Immigration and Nationality law, he especially enjoys the challenges of representing clients who have suffered or fear persecution in their country, those with criminal issues, cases involving complex litigation issues, or those who just want a strong, knowledgeable, experienced and successful advocate for their immigration case.
Mr. Richey received his Bachelor’s degree in Political Science in 1981 from Brigham Young University. He received his Juris Doctorate in Law in 1986 from the Washington College of Law-American University. During law school, he was active as a Founding Member of the American University Journal of International Law. He was twice selected for Interschool Moot Court Competitions. Further, he participated in Criminal Justice Legal Clinics. During law school, he also interned at the Department of Justice, D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division and at GSA, Department of Transportation, Office of the General Counsel.
Ronald D. Richey opened his own immigration and naturalization law practice in Rockville, Maryland in 1997. He is admitted to practice law before the courts of Maryland and Pennsylvania, and of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eleventh Circuits. He is also a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) and of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Mr. Richey has been designated as an “Expert” in the Maryland Courts on the immigration consequences of criminal problems and he has participated on numerous occasions as a Panelist and authored articles on Immigration law and practice for immigration attorneys.
HE CAN PRACTICE IMMIGRATION LAW ANYWHERE IN THE U.S. AND INTERNATIONALLY.
Certifications & Affiliations
Licensed and Locally Owned.
- Admitted to the Maryland Bar*
- Admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar*
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association*
- Member of The American Bar Association*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit*
- Member of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit*